Sunday, June 22, 2008

Update - Majuro, Hawaii and Palau

Well it has been a long time since my last post. I went to Majuro again but this time I got to go there via Hawaii. Unfortunately, I got sick leaving Manila and had a fever the whole time we were gone. We at least got to see the U.S.S. Arizona memorial.

I also got to go to Palau for the second time. This was however the first time I could dive there. It was the best diving I have done. We dove with Sam's Tours which is a five star National Geographic dive center / eco-adventure tour company. We saw a LOT of white tip reef sharks, sea turtles, loads of fish and other interesting underwater life. We dove four dives: Siaes Corner, Ulong Channel, Blue Corner and Blue Holes.

While we were at Blue Corner, a Napoleon Rass bigger than me and weighed about 200 pounds was hovering next to me.

The dive guide had a hard boiled egg in his pocket and the big fish went right for it and dove underneath me. That was really exciting to see. Here is a link to the divesite maps and here are some pictures of the underwater life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home