Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bangkok, Thailand

(Dec 3-13, 2006)
I was in Bangkok for ten days. The day after I arrived it was the King's Birthday and most peole were celebrating and worshiping. On my day off I took a tour with two co-workers to Kanchanaburi in Kanchanaburi Province which is about two and a half hour drive northwest of Bangkok. We arrived at the first stop, The Bridge on The River Kwai which connects the Thai-Burma Railway (aka Death Railway) and then went to the Buddhist temple Wat Pha Luang Ta Bua otherwise known as the Tiger Temple (Official webpage) where you can pet live tigers that are uncaged. After returning to Bangkok we ate dinner and went to sleep. The following day we went shopping at some malls and looked around the markets to see what was being offered. I had several different types of Thai food, which was spicy and delicious, for about half of my meals and the other times we usually ate fast food. This was a really interesting trip, I just wish I had more time off to do some tours and shopping. Here is a link to Kanchanaburi that tells about the tours available and some historical information.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have sworn that we told Newby important things like:

o Never trust men with eye patches...
o Never trust women with eye patches...
o Never walk into the tiger's den and sit down next to it...

I'll bet some woman in an eyepatch talked you into it. Oh Newby.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home