Friday, July 06, 2007

Majuro, Marshall Islands (May 8-12)

On May 8th, I flew to Majuro on coach again and it was as bad as the last time. I stayed at the Hotel Robert Reimers in a bungalow which was pretty nice but this hotel is at the far end of the Island so it took about 30 minutes each day to get to work sharing taxis with the locals packed in around you. Most people here are large-boned similar to Samoans so that makes it even more interesting.

We went to the Flame Tree Bar, which is one of the only places to go after work, to play pool and relax a bit. Other than that is was the usual boring trip with extremely LONG flight again on the Continental Micronesia Island Hopper. I found out there is a direct flight from Guam on Saturday's, so the next time I have to go here I will see if I can get on that flight. I don't really know what else to say about Majuro except I got a gold card from flying here so much. Now I'm working on my Platinum Elite, which hopefully will enable me to get a ticket back to the States for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home